Verify card & details
Why do I need to confirm my email?
This is an important step as it lets us know you’re real. It adds a layer of security as no one else will be able to create an account with your email address.
How do I confirm my details?
Depending on how you signed up, you will receive an email or SMS as soon as you’ve created an account with us. Confirm via email or use the SMS code, and you’re all set.
Why verify my card?
This is an important step as it lets us know your card belongs to you. Your card is marked as verified once you enter the amount of a small charge as it appears on your bank statement.
Once the card is verified we refund the amount back to your card.
How do I verify my card?
1. Open the app
2. Go to My Account - top right of the home screen
3. Scroll down to My Cards
4. Tap the card you'd like to verify and enter the small amount you were charged.
5. If you're unable to find the initial verification amount, tap the 'Verify card' text next to the cards that haven't been verified yet
6. You will be able to see a screen allowing you to enter a randomized amount - the amount is a verification charge to your card and you should receive an SMS from your bank with the exact amount
7. Enter the amount into the number pad (in the case you see a comma because of your language settings instead of a decimal point, copy the amount from the SMS and paste it into the app)
The amount charged is returned to your card after 24 hours.
I want to use Beam ASAP. Can I skip this step?
Yes, you can. As long as you’ve linked a valid card, you can get your shopping on ASAP.
Just remember to confirm your email later on and verify your card to use rewards. As a safety precaution, transaction limits apply before completing verification.